Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to LaRouche Continued, a forum dedicated to all things Lyndon LaRouche (from the history of his political cult to present-day affairs.)

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Little Help...
Topic Started: Aug 19 2016, 08:23 PM (4,153 Views)
Worried X-GF
Unregistered

I'm here for some help,as my ex boyfriend has fallen under the whole Larouche spell,and any help in dealing with this bullshit would be greatly appreciated. He's in his late 30's and has a family history of mental illness,so he was a ripe target. Basically,they target his fear based anxiety (ya know WW III shtick) and bank account. It's awful as he's given them thousands which I and his family know,he'll never get back. He's put his job at risk,by bringing all the EIR reports and whatever else fucking bullshit to his work. (and no,they are not fans), and has tried to solicit funds for LPAC,while on the job. He works for the state,so that's a big no-no. We are located in Boston,so it's out of the Quincy office with the whole cadre of fucking crazy,Cloret,Bill,Rachel and whom ever else floats in.
We,myself and his family are worried that,under the auspices of these assholes,he may do something stupid or somewhat dangerous. He has completely alienated himself from his friends and family. I'm more concerned at how easily manipulated he has become,and I feel it's just putting his already vulnerable mental health at risk.

Any advice?
Quote Post Goto Top

man114
Member Avatar
Asteroid Dodging Administrator
Typically, aside from a few cases, it's unlikely he will do something that will harm him physically.

Financially, or his job are another story. Ultimately what many people end up doing are becoming full time organizers. Basically all they do is attend these meetings, and set up card tables to distribute literature and collect donations for LaRouche. They will also bleed the bank account dry. Any money he's giving them is probably helping to fund their newest ventures or keep LaRouche healthy and happy. They will intentionally try to distance him from friends and family under the premise they are saving the world. This is not a PAC. It's a cult and designed this way by intent.

Aside from money all they do is waste time and talent. His money will keep LaRouche alive longer and 10-15 years from now he will be talking about the same thermonuclear war, but 10-15 years older, possibly without a real job. People have devoted their entire lives literally to this, 40+ years of this. Nearly half a billion dollars have been spent over the course of the time it has existed. Nothing has been accomplished legislatively, no LaRouche candidates are winning major elections. It exists to fund LaRouche.

Feel free to take a look around the main forum, you can post there too, it's not blocked and you don't have to register, and you can learn more about how the cult works. Ultimately knowledge of the cult is the best way to combat it.

I've never been a member but have studied the group for 16 years or so since I was in college. That Thermonuclear war they like to bring up? They were talking about it in the early 2000s when I first started following them, same goes for the financial collapse. There are a few ex members here, xlcr4life, Aeropagus or someone probably can explain more inner workings.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Worried X-GF
Unregistered

Thank you for responding. I think my issue is that because he's already got his mental health issues,he could be coerced to doing something really stupid,that would ultimately
cost him his job. He already got suspended for an incident last year,which was directly influenced by his whole Larouche experience.

Yeah it is most definitely a cult. I would love to just shut his shit down the next time he
goes on about whatever imaginary crisis is looming.
What's the deal with Cloret and the rest of these assholes?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Worried X-GF,Aug 20 2016
09:48 AM
Thank you for responding. I think my issue is that because he's already got his mental health issues,he could be coerced to doing something really stupid,that would ultimately
cost him his job. He already got suspended for an incident last year,which was directly influenced by his whole Larouche experience.

Yeah it is most definitely a cult. I would love to just shut his shit down the next time he
goes on about whatever imaginary crisis is looming.
What's the deal with Cloret and the rest of these assholes?

Hey. As someone with family in this organization, I feel your pain, fear and anger.

"I would love to just shut his shit down the next time he goes on about whatever imaginary crisis is looming."

If he is already having mental health issues like you say, this group will not help him, that's for sure. But my concern in reading your posts is that you may need to step back and look at this with some more empathy. I understand why you curse and call them assholes, but you're not going to reach him with those words. And trust me, like I said, I get it. You're really scared for him. I wish I could go back and take back all the shitty things I said to my loved one before I knew any better. But I can't, and I'm still paying the price.

My advice would be to read about cults, go to YouTube and type in 'Margaret Singer,' 'Steve Hassan,' 'Robert Jay Lifton.' Consult experts if you can afford it. Get a plan together with others if you can about how to talk to him. Never do or say anything you know will alienate him further. Always be the person that he remembers told him, "I'm always here if you decide this isn't for you."

The LaRouche org makes a lot out of telling people that the outside world and everyone in it is evil, irrational, stupid. Don't do their work for them! That's my advice. Best of luck, stay strong.
Quote Post Goto Top

man114
Member Avatar
The only Cloret I recall in the organization was Cloret Richardson, used to write classical music type articles in Fidelio magazine which they used to print, they used to put articles from it in the New Federalist newspaper they used to print. This is going back some 16 years or so. So basically Cloret would be another long time member. Pretty much what could happen to your ex if he doesn't come to his senses.

You mention Rachel, if you're referring to Rachel Brinkley she's a member of the so called "Policy Committee" she runs the Boston office. The Policy Committee members by hierarchy are some of the higher ups in the org, most of them were from the old LaRouche Youth Movement. There is something of a hierarchy amongst the Policy Committee as well, Mike Steger in San Francisco, Kesha Rogers in Houston and Diane Sare in NY/NJ are like the big 3. The bottom three would be Dave Christie out of Seattle, Rachel out of Boston and Bill Roberts from Detroit, though of those Dave seems to have significantly more importance and regularly appears on shows.

Most of the hierarchy seems to revolve around how much money the offices bring in and how loyal to LaRouche they are. As high profile as they are there is absolutely no guarantee LaRouche would not purge them at any given moment on a whim.

As far as the morals or upstanding qualities of the Policy Committee? Well there is a video we refer to as the "Mitch Bitch" video where Mike Steger from San Fran repeatedly calls some guy filming him at one of their card tables a Bitch over and over again.

The cult basically works like this.

-LaRouche selects a threat or a few threats from what we jokingly call "the Deca of death +1 louder". Financial Collape, Thermonuclesr War, Asteroids, Volcanos, Earthquakes, Drought, Famine etc.

-LaRouche proposes a broad general solution such as restore Glass Steagall, build a Maglev Train, harness the Galactic Water System etc.

-the org is mobilized, they take to the streets distributing leaflets, pamphlets, intervening at political meanings, trying to recruit more people and most importantly collecting money

-A few weeks go by, and LaRouche stops talking about say Drought and Famine and starts talking about say Thermonuclear War.

That's basically it. It just goes on and on in this method. There is always a crisis only LaRouche has the answer because LaRouche is always right.

LaRouche likes to pitch vague science programs, philosophy and classical music claiming a lot of problems are a result of the degeneration of society, so in a way it presents as sort of a counter culture movement as well.

LaRouche professes to be a democrat these days but it's just a label. Whoever in office regardless of political party is the enemy. Even if they support some similar ideas to LaRouche like Bernie Sanders did, LaRouche is still against them.

When you mention your ex got suspended from his job they don't care if he loses it. Ultimately they'd want him as a full time organizer, at a card table all day collecting money and living off fast food. They prefer as much detachment as possible.

Unfortunately LaRouche likes to recruit idealistic, intelligent and disenfranchised people. They will prey on your ex's mental illness to rope him in and try and turn him into another full time member. Unless he sees that, he could be serving LaRouche, Helga and whoever may eventually succeed them for the rest of his life as many have already done.

man114
Member Avatar
I agree with guest though, even if you're mad at them, try and show empathy.

If you act outwardly angry or confront other members directly they will try and twist it against you and try and enforce in his mind that you're in the wrong. That you're part of the degenerates.

Still if you hate them post all you want about them here. This forum exists as the expose of LaRouche.

Worried X-GF
Unregistered

Again,thank you for all your advice!
Yup,when ever anyone tells him that they're not interested the insults start to fly. I personally hang up,but a few past friends will more than likely,knock his ass out should he see them in person anytime soon.

I think that's the same Cloret,as he's always going on about Chorus and whatever drivel Cloret has told him that day.

Sorry for coming across as angry,but I hate to see him being taken advantage of by these people,who no doubt are also as delusional as he is.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Worried X-GF,Aug 20 2016
04:39 PM
Yup,when ever anyone tells him that they're not interested the insults start to fly. I personally hang up,but a few past friends will more than likely,knock his ass out should he see them in person anytime soon.

I think that's the same Cloret,as he's always going on about Chorus and whatever drivel Cloret has told him that day.

Sorry for coming across as angry,but I hate to see him being taken advantage of by these people,who no doubt are also as delusional as he is.

If he's still trying to convince you and others, in a way maybe that's good. It may take a little acting on your part, but you can show him that your curious and concerned.
"Tell me about it, maybe I judged too soon. What do they tell you? Do they say anything you disagree with?"
"Oh man, I'm having trouble getting along with this person at work. You getting along with everyone?"
Stuff like that.

If he's alienating a bunch of friends, maybe someone needs to take the lead and say that this is a cult, that yes our friend is being a jerk but that's because he's in trouble and needs our help. That help is going to take time and study and patience and work and possibly money if you decide a professional is needed.

Just trying to say all the things I wish someone told me when I was dealing with this. My family was very divided on how to deal with it, with a few saying this person is just an idiot and deserves what happens to them. If you're facing this too, I'm here to tell you you're not as crazy as you might feel sometimes, whatever happens.

The thing about cults is they produce a lot of wrongheadedness on both sides of the issue, in my experience.

Your anger is justified and natural and you definitely need an outlet for it, because unfortunately it won't help you help him.
Quote Post Goto Top

man114
Member Avatar
Worried X-GF,Aug 20 2016
09:39 PM

Just out of curiousity what sort of stuff is he repeating that Cloret tells him? Is he just talking about all the typical LaRouche stuff or is it more on the classical culture stuff. I'm just wondering because Cloret used to write those articles in Fidelio magazine about classical music. If it's heavily centered in classic culture maybe he could be persuaded to get involved with local arts/music/theater groups instead. If it's politics he's worried about then his time would be better spent writing to local representitives. How much of his free time is he devoting to the group and it something he's involved with just because he has free time and agrees with some of their ideas? How did he even hear about them or get involved with them to begin with?

Worried X-GF
Unregistered

He found them about 2 years ago,you know the Obama Hitler table people. He was already caught up in the whole Alex Jones/Jesse Ventura/9/11 truther shit.
He gave them $30 that first day,and become their cash cow ever since.
Paying for the hotel on the trips to New York,EIR newsletter,the Larouche books,
chorus and what ever else they can nickel and dime outta of him. So far,it's well over $10,000.

He had an unpleasant experience with synthetic weed,that started a lot of the psychosis,which leads to where he is today. Real issues with severe depression,anxiety,being bi-polar and presenting as on the autism spectrum. (Perfect target)

Cloret calls,texts and emails him multiple times a day,and he's chastised if he misses
Chorus or science class,economics class and strays from the topic at hand,you know,blocking! It's all Larouche all the time. He refuses to hear any criticism,nor will he read anything else,it's all the British fault! High Speed Rail! Schiller Institute!
smh.

Quote Post Goto Top

fightapathy
LaRouche4POTUS 2020
Cloret sounds like a classic handler; there to be the surrogate parent in the org. She's also the potential weak point in his dedication to the cause. Its no use denouncing LaRouche or the issues he cares about. Many of them are legitimate, and he's convinced himself they are more important than anyone or anything. But driving a wedge between him and his ruthless handler is the key to unhooking him from this parasitic situation. Its best to approach professionals with this in mind and learn how best to accomplish this.

Of course, the org is reading this as we type it, and doubtless they know precisely who it is you'd like to rescue. But then, neither they nor Cloret are made of iron, and the decay of the org is quickening by the day. If anything, the mildew stench surrounding him may help dissolve the Aesopian fairy tales Cloret and others tell him every day.

Worried X-GF
Unregistered

I will definitely look into some of the professionals that have experience with
this. (Steve Hassan in particular)
So,if sometimes he blows off a meeting or misses a leaflet excursion,there's hope!
Another question..does the office basically benefit from the checks he's been writing or is that all funneled someplace else?

Whenever I ask him to ask Cloret if she knows where the" lost millions" went,he changes the subject and believes that never happened. Or why she never contributes?

I asked to take this challenge,tell them he was having financial issues and could not be expected to give any more money now or in the near future,and to see their reaction. Of course he refuses,and changes the subject...what's so scary about that?
Quote Post Goto Top

man114
Member Avatar
Worried X-GF,Aug 23 2016
02:51 PM
I will definitely look into some of the professionals that have experience with
this. (Steve Hassan in particular)
So,if sometimes he blows off a meeting or misses a leaflet excursion,there's hope!
Another question..does the office basically benefit from the checks he's been writing or is that all funneled someplace else?

Whenever I ask him to ask Cloret if she knows where the" lost millions" went,he changes the subject and believes that never happened. Or why she never contributes?

I asked to take this challenge,tell them he was having financial issues and could not be expected to give any more money now or in the near future,and to see their reaction. Of course he refuses,and changes the subject...what's so scary about that?

If he's writing checks it's going to be funneled to Virginia where it will then be redistributed. If you look at the FEC filings you'll get a basic idea of how things work.

Cash would be far harder to keep track of.

Like I said before, if Cloret is the Cloret Richardson that used to contribute to Fidelio she's been in the org at least 20 years. She probably has been bled dry already and has nothing left to contribute other than time. Presumably if he ran out of money he'd be expected to drum up other means of cash in terms of donations.

Worried X-GF
Unregistered

She goes by Cloret Carl or Cloret Carl Ferguson.
She pretty much has her claws in him,she hates me,that's for sure.
Quote Post Goto Top

xlcr4life
Furtwangler
Cloret joined with her then husband Charles back in the mid 1970s . Her last name was Mack and he ran for office as a US Labor Party candidate . He left a few years later , but she and her daughter stayed in our NJ office. She then married Ed, a member who was in our NYC national Office whose last name was Carl. They split and he left years later.

Cloret married Bill Ferguson in early 2001. We recruited him in the early 1980s in NJ. Bill was a real nice young man back then who was very gifted in math. He had a full scholarship to Princeton University for math and we talked him out of going there . What he could have done with that education if he never met us. He basically ended up as a card table shrine serf for decades and decades. He once wrote something for the paper when he ran for Congress in Boston a few times which was very culty about how he owes his life to Larouche for making it worth something.

Cloret usually did the phone work of culturally oriented contacts to get them to events and be talked to by our best fundraisers to get as much as money as possible. She can be quite charming. You can see Bill and Cloret here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbrsZ8at9GQ...be2nce&index=20

There is a tall guy I sometimes see in the SNL webcasts who is from Boston that sounds like your ex.

We recruited many males who were smart and what we would call "awkward" . They wanted some order in their life , had empathy and saw a great combination with our org. These guys usually did not spend a lot of money on clothes, cars, dating etc and if they had decent jobs and were hit all of the time for money. Basically, you just need a new crisis with something in the news which can be stopped or delayed by giving us money to do the work. You also need to make the person feel guilty by them not doing as much in sacrifice as our members, shivering on the streets.

What I always say is that the intentions and the reasons why someone works with us are often based on having very high morals and a sense of injustice. The problem is that you are hanging out with the wrong people who happen to be in a cult of personality. He will be thinking that he is somehow getting real secret info that very few of his coworkers and friends have which explains why they are not like him. We don't do well with recruiting people with busy lives and a lot of things going and having different filtering mechanisms to give them competent advice. If they do have someone close,. our job is to make the outside world very scary and others ignorant of what we know .

The part about the missing millions is very important. The cult rewrites our history to make our thievery of 30 plus millions of dollars to have never happened or a government plot. Cloret and Bill were right in the same office I was in when we hijacked tons of money from elderly people with worthless notes. In fact, the Boston office was where we secretly shipped some people to to avoid subpoenas and 3 or 4 members were flown out of the country to Europe to avoid questioning.

They will bleed him dry as much as they can. I would worry about him taking out any loans to give them more money as this is what we do when we drained your savings.

The Steve Hassan books about cults are very, very good. They provide excellent advice on how to manage this which can F up families and destroy people. Cloret and Bill have over about 35 to 40 years of their lives each in the cult.

Keep in mind that in HIS mind, he is doing wonderful work in financing these really nice people who are into classical music and love science and want to see the whole world flourish. They make him feel important in a world where others may not. Most, most of the people we met over 5 decades of this lunacy get a hint that this is crazy when they present our material to coworkers and family and see their reaction.

If he was able to spend time on this site , he would learn a hell of a lot.

Thee is tons and tons of info and documents on this site which cover a hell of a lot of this cult.

http://laroucheplanet.info/pmwiki/pmwiki.php

His heart is in the right place, but his wallet is in the cult .

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Anonymous LaRouche discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply